03-30-2012 10:06 AM - edited 03-30-2012 10:33 AM
I have noticed that the settings provided for RoadRunner email on their website does not work on some Androids. Here is tested and working email settings that do work. Tested with a Samsung i997 Infuse 4G.
Your exact steps may vary by model. If you have any issues inquire within thread or give us a call.
Setup the email as POP3
· From the home screen, tap Email.
· Enter the Email address and Password for the email account.
· Tap Next.
Note: If an email account is already set up, tap the Menu key and tap Accounts, then tap the Menu key again and tap Add account.
· Tap POP3 account.
· Enter email@example.com in the User name field.
· Enter pop-server.tampabay.rr.com in the POP3 server field.
Note: The POP3 serverfield will vary depending on your email address. If your email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, then you would eneter pop-server.wi.rr.com.
· Enter 110 in the Port field.
· Ensure Security type is set to None and tap Next.
· Enter smtp-server.roadrunner.com in the SMTP server field.
Note: Notice that we do not include the tampabay in the SMTP server field, and we user roadrunner.com instead of rr.com.
· Enter 25 in the Port field.
· Ensure Security type is set to None.
· Uncheck Require Sign-In <-- This is KEY, you will be unable to sign into the roadrunner SMTP server (outgoing email) through port 25, as it is often used for spam- unfortunately this is also the port that must be used.
· Tap Next.
· Tap to change the Account options as desired.
· Tap Next.
· Enter the desired account name and Your name as it should appear on outgoing emails.
· Tap Done.
Send yourself an email to your roadrunner email address, from your email address. This will confirm for you that the settings are correct and that you are able to both send and receive emails from this account.
Also, if someone is having issues with an Apple device we would be more than happy to assist, I do not have a roadrunner email to test it with though, so please, ask below!
03-30-2012 09:31 PM
tampabay.rr.com stands for Tampa Bay, FL roadrunner accounts, so that changes depending on the roadrunner (rr) account you have. For example, I helped a customer today who lives in Cocoa, FL and the e-mail account ended ...@cfl.rr.com. I thought I would make this point to clarify that not all roadrunner accounts will read the same.
Thanks for the info. Nicholas!
11-28-2012 05:40 PM
This is a GREAT find, I was having trouble sending a emails for a carolina email. We changed the outgoing server setting to smtp-server.roadrunner.com but the port was actually 587 and we needed to check the require sign in box with the full email in the username field.
Hope this helps.
01-10-2013 05:15 PM
To add to this, here's a TimeWarner website that has official instructions for Blackberries, iPhones and Android phones