02-20-2013 02:07 PM
A master reset will result in the loss of all data stored on the device including 3rd party applications.
This type of reset should only be used as a last resort after all other troubleshooting steps have been exhausted. It is highly recommended that you complete a backup of the device information before proceeding with the steps in these instructions..
1. From the home screen, tap the Menu key.
2. Tap System settings.
3. Scroll to and tap Backup & reset.
4.Tap to change the Backup & reset options if desired.5.Tap Factory data reset.
To clear the device of personal data such as music, photos and other files, ensure Erase USB storage is checked.
7. Tap Reset phone.
8. Tap Erase everything.
The device may restart several times during the rest process.
The device is now reset.
Solved! Go to Solution.
04-10-2013 05:36 PM
Here are the steps to reset by hardware;
- Turn the power off. If your Kyocera Echo is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
- Hold the Volume Down button
- Press and hold the Power button until the device turns on
- You are now presented with a menu that allows for Reboot system, Wipe Data and Wipe Cache Partition
- Select Reboot System by pressing the Volume Down button
- Press and release the Power button
- Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO