12-12-2011 10:36 AM
I have a couple steps that will help you set up a group to send out group texts.
I will say that the Samsung Galaxy S2 will only send out a text message with a
10 recipient maximum so there is a possibility that if you have more than 10
people in your group, not all group contacts will receive the text message the
first time you send the text. You do have the option to download an
application from the market that may help increase the amount of recipients in
one text. Some application suggestions are: Handcent and Go SMS.
In order to create a group in your contacts go to your home screen and follow
1. Tap contacts
2. Go to the "groups" tab - If the groups tab is not visible, you may have to
use the touchscreen to scroll left to right to find it. Once you find the
groups tab, please tap that option.
3. Once you are in the groups tab, tap the menu key.
4. Tap create and name your group.
5. Save the group name. When you save the group name, you will be sent back to
the groups menu.
6. From the groups menu, select the newly created group.
7. You will then be able to add contacts from your address book and then save.
To send out a group text:
1. From the home screen you will need to tap "messaging".
2. Tap the envelope icon to create a new message.
3. Next to the "To:" field there will be a contact icon. You will need to tap
the contact icon.
4. Tap groups
5. Select your group and add.
6. You will then be directed back to your message to create your text.