10-26-2012 08:41 PM - edited 01-15-2013 12:02 PM
When you first purchase your new MEEP! Tablet, you're going to want to a) adjust its parental controls and b) install two OTA updates to the device. Here's how to do both!
To Set Up Parental Controls:
- Go to www.portal.meeptablet.com. (This loads best on Chrome or Safari.)
- Log in with your email address and password.
- If you can’t log in, click on Don’t have an account yet? Create.
- Enter your MEEP serial number to begin the registration process.
- Once registered and logged in, you can set your parental controls from there.
To Update your MEEP! Tablet
- Turn on your MEEP! Tablet.
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Turn Wi-FI ON. You may need to enter a password.
- Once connected, the OTA icon will quickly appear on the bottom of your screen.Tap on it to start the download.
- Time will vary depending on your connection speed, but it should take no more than 10 minutes. You can still use your MEEP!, but its performance might be altered.
- When the OTA upgrade is finished, your MEEP! will begin to install it.
- If there is an internet disconnection or shut down of the MEEP! during this process, wait ten minutes to restart the downloading and installation again, or turn Wi-Fi off and on again to reactivate the OTA upgrade process.
- Once it's finished installing, your MEEP! will automatically restart and you’ll see the android robot on your screen for a little while as your system upgrades.
- The MEEP! will automatically restart again and you will reach the home page. Make sure your Wi-Fi is still on.
- The second OTA will then start automatically. The following steps will be the same as they were for the first OTA. However, the download and installation will take a bit longer.
- Once finished, you can check your firmware version by going to Help.
- If you can’t receive the OTA, check the time and date settings. Check the automatic Date & Time box in Settings > System > Date & Time.
- Uncheck the Automatic time zone box to set your correct time zone.
- Tap Set time and choose your area (it will light up once you've unchecked Automatic time zone).
Warning! Don’t change the time settings on your MEEP! before starting the OTA process.
If you need any further help, tap on the User Manual button in the Help screen to access the online user manual, contact 800 853 8883 for MEEP!'s support line, or reach out to us!
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-26-2012 06:11 AM
What part is giving you a problem Lisa? Just a note the registration may need to be done on some other internet capable device prior to starting and using the Meep.
12-26-2012 06:55 AM
We ran into an issue with a customer who was having trouble registering their Meep online yesterday, even with an alternate browser on a PC. Accourding to this FAQ, http://www.qvc.com/footers/fth/pdf/T32088_FAQ.pdf it looks like the Registration Portal needs to use a browser with HTML5 capabilities, and they suggest either Google Chrome or Safari.
12-27-2012 07:06 AM
I'm having problems setting up the meep table online. It keeps telling me to verify my e-mail address, which i have done 10 tims now. I've tried to phone meep support but they are busy and can't get through. Please help!
12-27-2012 10:32 AM - edited 12-27-2012 10:33 AM
Sorry about that! To verify your email address, you will need to wait for a verification email from Meep Support, at which point you can click on a link embedded in the email. Has the email arrived, or are you still waiting for it? Sometimes customers have to wait up to 5 hours for the email to come in.
If the email has already come in -- have you tried loading the embedded link using Safari or Google Chrome? Meep recommends using one of these browsers because they both support HTML5.
Write us back if you're still having trouble!
12-29-2012 06:23 PM
im so annoyed... im already registered but every time i sign into the portal page it continues to give me the same message..oops something wrong her please try again later... i have been trying since christmas
12-29-2012 06:50 PM - edited 12-29-2012 06:50 PM
I'm sorry you're still having problems at the portal page. There are a couple of reasons you may be experiencing this problem.
A lot of people have been registering since Christmas so the portal servers have been slammed. It could be that they're experiencing problems with the amount of traffic they're receiving. This is not an uncommon problem with popular products/websites.
It could also be that your internet browser has inadvertently cached the "Oops something is wrong" page and is automatically directing you there when you try to log in.
I would suggest clearing the cookies and cache from your browser and attempting to log in again.
If you're not sure how to clear your browser, please let me know what type of internet browser you're using, whether it's IE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari or another browser and I will do my best to assist you.
12-30-2012 01:55 AM
I am having issues with parental control. I have updated the parental control to allow web browser, but the tablet still says it is restricted. I am also being told, when trying to access Google Play, that my device cannot be found. The device is connected to Wifi. I have confirmed this. I am activating two. My other tablet will open web browser, so I know wifi is connected, but I am getting the same error message on this tablet also.
12-30-2012 12:30 PM
This is an issue that might require a bit of troubleshooting.
Try turning the device all the way off for a full 1-2 minutes. This can help.
If it doesn't help, give us a call or a chat. It might be easier to resolve this over the phone or via chat
Michael Cullen | Non Sparkly
Radioshack Mobile Product Support